Friday, January 13, 2012

Sarah Milton

I was browsing through Design*Sponge and I came across a post about Sarah Milton's wallpapers. Personally I don't think I could have any of these covering the wall in my home, maybe in an office or studio? but they are amazing! She does great prints too.

Sarah's first professional collection of wallpapers is entitled Legible Process/Illegible Type and is a playful switch between what is usually legible, typography, and what is not, process. Working solely with letterforms, numerals and characters, she creates obscure geometric surface patterns by abstracting typography into new shapes and forms. These patterns are then mixed with marks and textures collected during silkscreen printing to communicate how the wallpapers are made. All wallpapers are hand silkscreen printed by Sarah personally and are available exclusively through Bouf.com